Monday, October 10, 2011

Focus...

I'm having some real issues focusing these days.  I have some pretty grand ideas, and am feeling super inspired; however, my mind is in overdrive.  I need to reign it in.

But, look at this freakin' dress! I'm wanting to make some vintage-y style house dresses for myself to wear when I'm here doing stuff at the house.  I'm trying to avoid the yoga-pants-and-oversized-tee-shirt- everyday look.  So I started searching online for patterns.  It turns out there are a plethora of patterns out there for 40's and 50's styles, but a severe lacking in 20's and 30's.  I love the look of the 40's/50's, cinched waist, prominent shoulders, very crisp.  But I really want the 30's style drop-waist, less definition kinda deal.  Not in a matronly way, but in a hot way, like the dress I linked above.  I love it. 

This morning we woke up to a frosty misty wonderland.  Feeling really October around here.  I'm thinking of concocting a spooky Halloween get together up here at the homestead.   The cabins and old farmhouse could be super scary.  I actually am pretty sure we do have ghosts around here, though I will never tell my children that, lest I be tortured about it for the rest of our days here.  Is it disrespectful to turn the homestead into a Halloween show for a night?  Perhaps too gimimicky?   My other thought is to just keep it real, by actually honoring the folks that lived here and giving a guided story of their lives, without spooking it out.  I suppose I could dress up, and maybe I could get Andy in on it, and the kids?  I like where this is going. 


I am currently super inspired by this book as well.  It has some amazing DIY techniques for creating really neat projects at home. 

Ok, time to mosey on.  Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you, and will do my best to answer any questions.