Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Making


Introducing underwear, hand made even!  I'm newly in love with making them.  My friend Andrea and I are making them like crazy right now to sell at the Missoula Made Fair.  They are comfortable, beautiful, and designed to fit women of many shapes and sizes.  I'm pretty excited about them.  We will be setting up an Etsy shop soon as well.  Stay tuned. 


I found these amazing Day of the Dead beads at our local fabric shop, Selvedge Studio.  Love.  I plan to make earrings out of the little red flowers, and the skeletons.  And, perhaps a bracelet out of the bigger skull beads.  The boys are infatuated, they love macabre.  Those tiny little skeletons speak to me the most.  Seriously, how cute.  


This oily wonder is the beginning of  what will be naturally tinted lip balm.  More details tomorrow, but the red dried stuff floating in the oil is alkanet root, which gives the lip balm a rosy tint.  Can't wait to try it out.


And, lastly, this here is some fabric that I bought at Selvedge Studio, and I think it qualifies as my favorite of the year.  It's a very stretchy knit, super lightweight, and it's french.  I want to make myself a dress reminiscent of something you might have seen Carly Simon wear back in the 70's.  I can picture it in my head, kinda clingy, with a gold belt around the waist.  Maybe Crystal Gayle would've rocked it?  Anyway, I'm in love with it, and I guarantee I will be posting many more projects that incorporate this beauty.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you, and will do my best to answer any questions.